Some days if it weren’t for Spotify or Pandora, it would be a real struggle to get through the day. So here is a list of my top 10 favorite songs that help me male it through the day…
10. How Did You Love by Shinedown: when their new album came out, I wasn’t too crazy about it. But this song has about ways stuck with me. To me it is a song of hope and reaches out to say “what you do matters, how you treat people matters.”
9. Forgot About Dre by Dr. Dre and Eminem: This is my guilty pleasure. I have always enjoyed the beats of Eminem and this song takes me back to when I was a teenager, making my parents mad by playing it as loud as I could. Just hearing the beats in this song instantly lifts my mood.
8. What Lies Beneath by Breaking Benjamin: Not one of their more popular songs, but I really enjoy this song. It’s really not even upbeat or positive, it seems quite depressing actually. “As I lay underneath your cold jaded eyes” is one of my favorite lines. It just sparks emotions in me, and I enjoy the song.
7. Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold: One of my favorite songs by them. Before their more recent albums, I would have said it was my favorite. The guitar riffs are superb and make me dance when I hear them. Listening to Synyster Gates play the guitar is one of my favorite things.
6. Your Betrayal by Bullet for my Valentine: This is my angry/ super happy song.. a little weird I know. When I am in am terrible mood, I turn this up as loud as I can and let the bass and guitar riffs just lift the bad mood out of this. So I also love listening to it when I am in amsmdndn great mood because it has such fun riffs.
5.Fall Away by Twenty One Pilots: Again, not one of this bands most popular songs, but it makes me happy to listen to it. If I and anxious, it helps calm me down a little. It is a slower song and the emotions just strike how I’m feeling sometimes. “But believe me I’m fine/but I’m lying/I’m so very far from fine” I know what its like to have to keep pretending you are fine when in reality you aren’t.
4. To Love You More by Celine Dion: One of my all time favorite non-rock songs. I absolutely love the violin part in this song and I have always enjoyed listening to Celine Dion’s voice. This is one of my top go to songs for when I am feeling emotional.
3. Tears Don’t Fall by Bullet for my Valentine: Listening to BFMV just generally tends to make me happy, and this song does not dissapoint. As in the other song by them , I use this when feeling angry/ happy. I generally listen to them together, but this song just strikes a deeper chord with me than the other song.
2. Stardust by Gemini Syndrome: When I hear the first few notes of this song, it makes me want to just get up and dance. I and so think the lyrics are pretty awesome. I tend to get them stuck in my head quite a bit. “It’s no mistake you are perfect, you are perfect in my mind, and you won’t fade away.” This line always makes me think of Jon.
1. Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold: When I hear the first few drum beats of this song, it makes my mood lift instantly. It is such a great rock song, and I absolutely love the guitar and drum parts. I have seen this live and it is and it is a great way to get the crowd going. Just makes my day sometimes listening to this 🙂