10) Coloring: I love coloring, especially in all of the coloring books that have come out lately with the “coloring book craze.” I am by no means the best color-er in the world, but I find it very relaxing. It helps take my mind off all of the stressful things that are going on, even if it only for a short period of time.
9)Being at a baseball game and keeping score: There is just something so fun to me about keeping score at a baseball game. Generally I keep score for the Chicago Cubs games we go to, but it is fun for me. It helps me pay attention to the game, and it is a good bonding experience for me and Jon (my fiancee). He is always there to answer my questions, no matter how silly, and we have a great time.
8) Being outside and feeling the sun hit my skin: It is completely free and one of the most simple things, but feeling the warm sun on my skin gives me a feeling of contentment. It helps me realize I am still alive and have something to be grateful for. I like that in the summer my skin goes from a pale white to a light brown color and brings out my freckles even more.
7) Watching Tyler perform in band and Jordan play sports: Watching the kids practice and eventually perform is so gratifying for me. Seeing all the hard work they put into either the sport they play, or the performance for band and then to watch it all come together is amazing. To see the transformation from the beginning of the season to the end, and their growth as a player make me one happy momma.
6) When waves hit the beach (in any body of water): Whether we are in Chicago at Lake Michigan, or here at home in Ohio at the Ohio River, hearing the waves come to the shore is my absolute favorite sound in the world. It gives me such a sense of peace. I could honestly sit there and listen to that sound for hours. It also helps me forget about my stress for a short amount of time.
5) Going to a concert: Going to a music concert is also one of my favorite past times. I have seen bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Skillet, Papa Roach, Twenty One Pilots, and In This Moment. When I am there I can just feel my body pulse with the music and the beats flow through me. I love seeing the energy the bands put into their music and feeling the energy of the crowds.
4) Seeing animals in nature: When we go to the park by our house and see the baby ducks in spring/summer is high on my list! We also have 3 baby deer by our house this year. Watching these animals interact with each other, and watching how the mamma’s take care of them and protect them warms my heart. It just helps me realize how small I am in this big world.
3) My work and knowing I help people: I am a Pharmacy Technician, and even though most people think that all we do is count pills, there is so much more to it than that. We help out Pharmacists help our patients stay healthy and be compliant with their medications. As someone on a few medicines, I can tell you when I take my meds the way I am supposed to, I feel so much better. And I work for a company that gives us a little freedom in pricing and so we can make a difference to our patients that way as well. I feel good about my job when I go home every day, and I look forward to going in and seeing the people I work with.
2) My dogs: I have 5 dogs at home, and they are all rescues. They are all loud and rambunctious and are so happy to see me when I get home at the end of the day. No matter how bad of a day I am having, knowing my dogs are there and will be excited to see me when I get home helps make it a little easier. And of course, I do have a favorite, because he is the only dog that is “my” dog. All the other’s belong to my mom or the kids. His name is Buster, and he is a big shepherd/lab mix and he can read my moods almost as well as Jon can. he is my big cuddle bug and I love him almost as much as the kids.
1) Spending time with the kids and Jon: Being with my family is the biggest thing that makes me happy. I am unconditionally loved by Jon and I have never felt like that before in my life. We have been together for 11 years, and every day I find another reason to fall even more in love with him. And the kids mean the world to me. I love being their mom. Watching them grow from the little boys they were, to the teenagers they are now, and to the men they will become is something that brings me immense joy. And getting to share in things such as taking them to the zoo or aquarium, helping with homework, watching their personalities grow, watching Tyler perform in marching band, watching Jordan play football or basketball, and even just cooking them breakfast are all things that make my life worth living.